MELA welcomes the following developments recently notified by SASO regarding Saudi Lighting Regulations Parts 1, 2 and 3.
- Option to extend the test report validity to 3 years for LP 1 & 2.
- Different colour temperature within the same technical specification, same lumen and wattage brackets.
- Family registration LPW requirement is allowed if the energy class is the same.
- Control Gear requirement to align with the EU.
MELA has requested additional information from SASO on the following requirements that appeared in the above notifications:
- Stipulated condition for some manufacturers to list ‘children‘ from the same manufacturer. This is an issue for large global companies like the MELA members because component parts of products are produced in different parts of the world and may not necessarily be able to be listed under the same manufacturer.
- Transition period – is there a transition period or does the notification for 2902 come into effect immediately?
For further information kindly contact firstname.lastname@example.org.