FOR OUR READERS INFO & ACTION IF NECESSARY
The proposed new European Union ecodesign and labelling rules apply as of 1st January 2019.
The new EPREL database – EU product energy labelling database – is in the process of being finalised and is a new obligation for suppliers to the EU market as of 1st January 2019.
- any supplier placing on the EU market as of 1st January 2019 units of new lamp models
- these new lamp models are subject to the energy labelling requirements of (EU) 874/2012 (energy labelling of electrical lamps and luminaires)
- before placing the new model on the market, the supplier must first have upload to the EPREL database the information listed in Annex I of the EU Energy Labelling Framework Regulation (EU)2017/1369 for each of these models
- new luminaire models do not need to be included in EPREL – only new lamp models should be on the database
- the next deadline for EPREL compliance is 30 June 2019: suppliers of units of lamps models placed on the market between 1 August 2017 and 1 January 2019 must enter into EPREL all information set out in Annex I (EU)2017/1369 for each of these models
More information on how to register and upload information on EPREL, as well as a link to the EU helpdesk on EPREL, are available at: https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/fpfis/wikis/spaces/viewspace.action?key=EPREL
Please note that the database is currently being finalised, there is a test area where companies can already now register and test the uploading of information.