Heads up………for the following live webinar next week which focuses on the topical subject of Specialty Lighting for Disinfection (UVC). The webinar will be hosted by Light Middle East and supported by the Middle East Lighting Association (MELA) and UL.
It will take place on the 16th Sep 2020 at 4:00 PM GST/Dubai time. Expected to be a useful tool in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic, the following aspects of Specialty lighting for Disinfection (UVC) amongst others will be discussed.
- UVC overexposure hazards
- Mitigation strategies taken by various manufacturers (prevalent designs for mitigation)
- Brief discussion of UL’s certification approach in North America and how they are testing UV emitters from the safety point of view
- Benefits and potential personal injury risks of UVC light
- UV emissions – ANSI and IEC standards
- Current UVC germicidal device applications
- UL’s UVC testing and Certification services