MELA members were recently invited by Abdulrahman Al Ali (Renewable Energy & Electromechanical Laboratories Section Head) to a market surveillance workshop held at Dubai Central Laboratory in April 2017. The meeting was attended by resentatives from seven MELA member companies and eight market inspectors/engineers who are responsible for surveying the Dubai market for non compliant electrical and electronic products (including lighting products).
- Public Health & Safety Authority lacks resources for adequate lighting product surveillance.
- Three full time inspectors for electrical products for Dubai. Focus on lighting currently limited.
- Better cooperation between other local surveillance authorities (ESMA, Dubai Economic Department (DED), AD QCC & other Emirates) is required.
- Issue of re export – traders often claim that products are for re export.
- A follow up meeting will be arranged in Q4 2017.