New deadlines approved by ESMA for ECAS logo implementation on product and its packaging.
- The ECAS mark is required only for the products in the scope of Cabinet Decision Number 34.
- Products within the scope of UAE RoHS do not require the mark.
- The logo should be visible on the product while on display at the point of sale. It is not mandatory to be on brochures. See point 3.2 of the Usage Policy.
- Smaller logo size is not allowed, since the Arabic Marking will be rendered unreadable. For really small boxes where the logo does not fit, the ECAS Mark can be placed on the display shelf.
- Black and white logo can also be used if required.
The following exemptions are in place for:
- Products do not require any additional ECAS mark–products carrying other acceptable marks for the UAE market (EQM mark, G-mark, organic food mark, Oxo-biodegradable product)
- Energy drinks:ECAS mark not allowed.
- Tobacco products and Tobacco Moassel: ECAS mark not allowed.
- Products covered/certified only under RoHS regulation.
- Cosmetics and Detergents: Applicants are allowed to put ECAS mark without Notified Body number but applicant have to inform ESMA and submit the batch number to ESMA for confirmation.
|For all new shipment/production into UAE (Printed or Sticker||1st September 2018|
|For all new products in UAE market (Printed or Sticker)||1st January 2019|
|Printed ECAS logo on all certified products in UAE (Sticker not acceptable)||1st January 2020|