Notification of Egyptian Ministerial Decree No.29/2021 – Products covered: Lamps in general (ICS 29.140.01)
This addendum concerns the notification of the Ministerial Decree No.29/2021 (1 pages, in Arabic) that:
- For luminaries only it gives the producers and importers one year transitional period starting from 3 February 2021, to abide by the Egyptian standard ES 7823/2020 “Energy efficiency requirements for electrical lamps and luminaries” (38 pages, in English) or until the issuance of its amendment version, whichever is nearest. Worth mentioning is that the Ministerial Decree No.171/2020 (2 pages, in Arabic) which was formerly notified in G/TBT/N/EGY/76/Add.2 dated 4 June 2020, that gives the producers and importers a six-month transitional period to abide by the Egyptian Standard ES 7823/2020 for “Energy efficiency requirements for electrical lamps and luminaries” (38 pages, in English).
- For lamps only it stipulates that the producers and importers will continue to apply the Egyptian Standard No. 7823/2014 “Energy efficiency requirements for electrical lamps” (24 pages, in English) which has been mandated by the ministerial decree No. 975/2014 (2 pages, in Arabic) which was formerly notified in G/TBT/N/EGY/76 dated 9 March 2015.
It should be noted that:
- ES 7823/2020 is technically identical with modification with the commission regulation (EU) No 874/2012 and the commission regulation (EU) No 1194/2012,
- ES 7823/2014 is harmonized with an amendments with European directive (EU) No. 1194/2012, (EU) No. 874/2012.
- Proposed date of adoption: 13 January 2021. Proposed date of entry into force: 3 February 2021.
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org